HD Nylon Plastic Rollers
BAM have a range of plastic rollers, suitable for different applications, both in medium and heavy duty. Our unique manufacturing process, also allows us to meet minimal TIR requirements and be able to dynamically balance the roller to the G number required.
Our purpose built design program, enables us to evaluate the stress and deflection of a plastic roller shell under specific loading conditions. Once the calculations are complete, we can then provide the customer with a detailed, one page print out, including graphs, showing the allowable and actual loads and stresses that are being applied to the roller. From there, we are able to offer the correct plastic roller suitable for the application, using the correct shell thickness along with the correct seal and housing package to suit the client’s budget and service life expectancy.
HD Nylon Plastic Roller Features and Benefits
- Roller Shells – are made from a high-grade Nylon. It is a thermoplastic with the highest Yield Strength and Flexural Elastic Modulus of 2800 MPa, compared with all other plastics. This gives it the unique properties of excellent impact strength, wear and abrasion resistance. The heavyduty nylon housing, giving a larger surface bond between the shell and housing, eliminates any flexing within the housing where the bearings and seals are located. Together with a high resistance to chemical agents, this makes the roller suitable for a wide range of applications.
- High impact strength
- Excellent abrasion resistance, better than carbon steel for sliding abrasion
- Low coefficient of friction, making it less susceptible to material build up
- Belt friendly material. Even advance wear on the shell will not damage the belt
- Nonmagnetic, so can be used when separating ferrous materials
- Low Noise
- Up to 50% lighter than steel and reduces potential for injuries during installation and manual handling
Please see catalog for technical information.
Download Idlers Catalog